‘Overnights’ are one of our unique special events. We are not a ‘bed and breakfast’ or a hotel in any way. We have chambers at the castle that can be booked separately or combined into ‘Louise’s Dwelling’ or the ‘Kastle Overnight’ – adding the Main-South-Hall to our castle dwellers’ experience.
Below are a few notes about reserving a dwelling, useful information about your stay, and our simple “kastle rules” designed to keep you safe and make this night unforgettable.
* * *
1. You may reserve your chamber by paying through this website. You can either pay a deposit or the full amount to secure your reservation. Here’s the link:
2. We’d like to give everyone who wants to stay the night a chance to do so, despite the fact that the chambers at Franklin Castle are often reserved hundreds of days in advance – and booked up quickly. Please ensure that the chosen date for your overnight is the one that shall be graced by your presence before making any reservation. Should you choose not to arrive or cancel your booking, your absence shall be felt, and the sole occupants of your chambers will be specters. In the event of any cancellation, a fee of 30% of the total cost of your overnight reservation shall be charged. If you cancel your overnight stay within 72 hours or fail to show up entirely, we regret to inform you that we cannot refund your ‘payments in full’ or any ‘deposit’ amounts.
3. We require a security deposit of $100. This will be refunded within 3-5 business days after your stay minus possible damage costs.
4. It’s wonderful to stay the night as a couple, and it also works very well as a group booking. The larger chambers, in particular, are designed for this. If you’re feeling brave, you can spend the night on your own, but keep in mind that the minimum guest rate will apply. Those of you who plan on taking over the entire kastle can make South Main Hall, the entire second floor, etc. your dwelling for the overnight.
5. Franklin Castle does not have any televisions.
6. Yes, we offer the option to explore the entire castle during a guided “midnight tour.” If you are exploring the castle on your own, please note that it is explicitly prohibited to enter any of the castles balconies. No exceptions. Please be aware that the primary sections of the castle, namely the Main South Hall and the Basement, will remain locked from 10:30pm to 11am. However, this restriction does not apply if you have booked the entire castle.
7. We welcome you to bring your own food. In your chambers, you will find serving utensils. A list of restaurants that offer delivery service directly to the castle can also provided. Please don’t order anything to be delivered after 1AM. If you’d like to cook, Emma’s Rooms, ‘The Kastle’, and Louise’s’ Dwelling come equipped with a full kitchen. A small kitchenette is available in Johannes’ Rooms. In the morning, you can also grind your coffee; the traditional way.
8. Franklin Castle is ideal for overnight ‘kastle dwellers’ because it is designed for that very purpose. ‘Overnights’ are not designed for paranormal research. Paranormal investigation tools like EMF meters are not permitted for overnight stays. Since paranormal research requires a special set of logistics, you can find options for paranormal investigations at Franklin Castle at the following link:
9. ‘Kastle Dwellers’ may leave and come back to Franklin Castle whenever they want.
10. Check-in is 4pm | Check-out is 2pm – the next day:)
11. You have your very own bathroom with a shower and bathtub.
12. There is no alcohol served at Franklin Castle. However, you may bring your own beverages – in moderation and please in your room. Guests who appear visibly intoxicated will be denied service and asked to stay in their rooms and not wander the castle.
13. There are many more options for “Kastle Dwellers” at Franklin Castle. You can find them when you click on the “Book Now” button for each room [Midnight Tour, Dinner Etc.]. Just pick your dates and number of guests to see if the room is available and how much it costs. Another window will show you all the options you have while staying overnight. We strongly suggest to book the Midnight Tour as this is the only option to explore the entire castle. Please note that, for your security, most of the doors to the main areas [Main South Hall, Basement] will be locked from 10:30pm until 11am. However, these restrictions do not apply if you’ve booked the ‘Castle Overnight’ package. I can’t wait to see you soon!
For more events here at the castle please follow the link below: