The Kastle Overnight
The Kastle Parlor South
The Kastle Hallway South
The Kastle Kitchen
The Kastle South Bedroom
The Kastle Kitchen
The Kastle Kitchen
The Kastle Fireplace South
The Kastle Bathroom North
The Kastle Bathroom South
The Kastle Reading Room South
Our simple booking rules
1. You may reserve your chamber by paying through this website. You can either pay a deposit or the full amount to secure your reservation.
2. We'd like to give everyone who wants to stay the night a chance to do so, despite the fact that the chambers at Franklin Castle are often reserved hundreds of days in advance - and booked up quickly. Please ensure that the chosen date for your overnight is the one that shall be graced by your presence before making any reservation. Should you choose not to arrive or cancel your booking, your absence shall be felt, and the sole occupants of your chambers will be specters. In the event of any cancellation, a fee of 30% of the total cost of your overnight reservation shall be charged.
3. We require a security deposit of $100. This will be refunded within 3-5 business days after your stay minus possible damage costs.
4. It's wonderful to stay the night as a couple, and it also works very well as a group booking. The larger chambers, in particular, are designed for this. If you're feeling brave, you can spend the night on your own, but keep in mind that the minimum guest rate will apply. Those of you who plan on taking over the entire kastle can make South Main Hall, the entire second floor, etc. your dwelling for the overnight.
5. Franklin Castle does not have any televisions.
6. Yes, we offer the option to go on a 'midnight tour' to explore the entire castle.
7. We welcome you to bring your own food. In your chambers, you will find serving utensils. The list of restaurants that offer delivery service directly to the castle is also provided. If you'd like to cook, Emma's Rooms, 'The Kastle', and Louise's' Dwelling come equipped with a full kitchen. A small kitchenette is available in Johannes' Rooms. In the morning, you can also grind your coffee; the traditional way.
8. Franklin Castle is ideal for overnight 'kastle dwellers' because it is designed for that very purpose. 'Overnights' are not designed for paranormal research. Franklin Castle paranormal investigation options are available at the following link:
9. 'Kastle Dwellers' may leave and come back to Franklin Castle whenever they want.
10. Check-in is 4pm | Check-out is 2pm - the next day:)
11. You have your very own bathroom with a shower and bathtub.
12. There is no alcohol served at Franklin Castle. However, you may bring your own beverages - in moderation, please.
13. There are many more options for "Kastle Dwellers" at Franklin Castle. You can find them when you click on the "Book Now" button for each room. Just pick your dates and number of guests to see if the room is available and how much it costs. Another window will show you all the options you have while staying overnight. I can't wait to see you soon!
Johannes Tiedeman commissioned the most brilliant architects of their time, Cudell & Richardson, in 1864, to build a mansion reminiscent of those North German castles of the region of Süderau and Schleswig-Holstein that he had seen in his youth, before leaving for America, forever. The Tiedeman family history is shrouded in mystery, with myth and fact so intertwined that the legend begins here. Built between 1881 and 1883, it is said to be the most haunted house in Ohio. A magnetic epicenter of undeniable fascination, this powerhouse of spiritism has witnessed so many adventures and joys, supernatural happenings and sorrows… From enchanting time's of uttermost sophistication of a privileged elite to gritty ‘70s teenage initiation rituals, you need to, physically enter and experience the premises in order to apprehend this roller-coaster of feelings and influences. The Kastle Overnights is for larger groups and extend to three levels, [basement/1st floor/2nd floor] including the south main hall, and can accommodate up to 6 guests. Because I realize you probably won't get much sleep at night, checkout time is 3pm the next day. -- From $245 per guest/night and a minimum of four guests --